Monday, October 15, 2012

Bikini Comp Recap

 
     I actually came back to the blog today to write about the direction of my current training and goals, I've been thinking about posting regularly again to journal my training and progress toward my current goals.  More for myself but others may be interested in it as well.  Then I realized I never posted about my Fitness America Competition, which had a big influence on what I'm choosing to pursue goal wise now (but not in the way you might think).  So I'm going to recap and reflect on that first.

  My competition took place on July 7th, I placed 5th in bikini short class which I suppose is good for my first time but it was a beginner comp so everyone was new at it lol.  And although I'm glad I went through with it and experienced something new I learned that bikini competitions really aren't my thing.  I HATE being on stage in front of an audience ha.  I felt like a deer in headlights up there the whole time, forgetting to smile, full of anxiety and wanting nothing more than to be off the stage.
 
    So although part of me wonders if I could keep working at it and do better, I don't think I will be partaking in any more bikini comps anytime soon.  Plus it's so subjective.  In running, if you run the fastest time you win; but how do you judge who has the best physique?   I know it's really about doing it for yourself and being happy with the work you put in and the results you got.  I told myself this repeatedly before the competition, in my head I would think, "no matter what you place, getting on stage is a victory."  And I was happy with how I looked so that should be good enough.  Buuttt I'm competitive so I still got a little bit down on myself for my placing.

    Also despite not taking drastic measures (no carb cycling,  no low carb/calorie, no excessive cardio), I still ended up a little thinner then I would like.  Yes, most women compete at weights lighter than they normally maintain day to day, but I still would have liked to got on stage 4-5 lbs heavier than I was (@ 5'4" I competed at 108lbs, I think 112-114 would have been perfect) .  Even though I didn't take drastic or excessive measures, in the last few weeks I was afraid to eat too much and be bloated or have extra fat (I was still eating plenty though, averaging 1400-1500 a day [which is a lot for someone at 110 lbs in the last few weeks of contest prep.] I guess I could have gotten away with more though, you live and you learn :).

 Some contest pics:




If you know anything about these types of competitions, you'd know I was waving with the wrong hand, ooopps.

Probably the most genuine smile out of all the pics, the rest all look very forced. . . cause they were haha.







      Overall, I loved the training, I loved the changes to my body composition, loved the clean eating BUT I did not love the stage, the tan, the hair and make-up, being judged, the cost lol.   So I've continued to lift daily and lift heavy, to eat clean and make sure I eat enough to maintain my weight (and even add a bit) but I've gone back to focusing my goals on the sport I love: RUNNING :D  More on my current running goals and progress in the next post :)

14 comments:

Carolina John said...

Congrats! Seems like you made a really good showing and should feel good about it.

Cynthia said...

Can't wait to read more!
I love the calf sleeves you wore for competition! Staying true to your character :)

coach dion said...

You look amazing, and If I were the judge I would be voting you as NUMBER 1...

Thats for the post, love to read something other than all the running I read.

Momshomerun said...

Wow, you look really good! I wouldn't be able to get away with those bikini bottoms...

Anonymous said...

To seе hiss гange of original ΒMW badges аnd οthеr acceѕsorieѕ, vіѕit hiѕ online ѕhop аt =>.
The bеst part about оnline poliсy іs that, youг clаims aгe sеttleԁ efficiently and in reсoгd time.
Here are 5 tiρs for evaluating class сar insurаncе cοmpanies:.



Here is mу blog :: cheap car insurance Uk for women

Anonymous said...

What і do not uոderstood is if truth be
told how you are now not actually a lot more well-prefеrred than you
may be now. Yоu are so intelligent. You realize therefore ѕignifiсantly
in relation to this topic, producedd me ffor my
part consider it frm a lot of vɑrious angles.
Its like women and men are not interested սntil it's one thinց to accοmpplish with Woman gagɑ!

Your personal stuffs excellent. Always deeal with it up!|

Visit my wеbpage: pity 2013 program

Anonymous said...

I do not know if іt's jսst me or iif everƄody else experiencing issues with your blog.
It appearѕ as iif some of the written text in your content
are runninng off the sсгeen. Can someone else please provіde feedback and
let me know if this is happening to them too?
Τhis coսld bee a issue woth my internet browser because
I've had this happen before. CҺeers

my homepage: new dating sites

Anonymous said...

This post will assist the internet viewers for creating new web
site or even a blog from start to end.

my blog post ... Comment Pirater Un Compte Facebook No Fake

Anonymous said...

Stay foсused on whіch jane is saying to avoid the embarrassment and to mսch
better person. It is to see how yoս, their prospective date, responds to a
difficult stimulսs. This guide provides you with dating tips іn additіon to breaking up
tips as well.

Here іs my web page; What Men Secretly Want PDF

Anonymous said...

Hello! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
He always kept talking about this. I will forward this
post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!


my blog post ... personal injury solicitor manchester

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.

I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.

Here is my weblog - Rheometric Scientific

Anonymous said...

Do you spend more or do you spend less and absorb the chance?


Also visit my website: Free Cydia Apps for iOS 7.1

Anonymous said...

Increased Stability: the newest iphone 3G S includes
hardware based encryption of data. The appliance you've often waited for will be here.
It will be shockproof and scratch proof. iOS 5, combined camera...


My website ... cydia apps - natureblognetwork.com,

Ethan Smith said...

Buy & sell new and used iPhones.
Wide selection of new and used iPhones for sale.
More at postallads4free.com