Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Why You Should Lift. . .

    So I stopped posting because I've been focusing my time/energies else where and I'm really happy with the personal/physical/ mental development I've made over the past 6 months.   Right now I'm 11 days out  (aka freak out time!) from my first bikini competition and wanted to share the progress I've made the past year with heavy lifting/ proper nutrition to support body composition change. "Running for the bikini" did not get me very far in terms of achieving the results I was looking for (as you will note from the first picture which was taken about 9 months after starting my blog), but once I started lifting and eating clean I got rapid results.

Picture evidence:

Little over a year ago
 (Mid-May, and a little blurry cause I used photo booth)  

End of October 
After about 2 months of lifting and cleaning up my diet.
Tanner but also less stomach fat.

2 weeks ago
 After 10 months of heavy lifting and high protein, clean diet :)

Note: There is about a 10 lb change between these pictures (from 122-ish to 112) and 10+% bf loss (from approx over 25% to 15%).  And this was for the most part while actively trying to keep my calories up, often aiming for 2000-2200 (while in the past I was always trying to keep them low [1200-1300ish] which often led to bingeing, as well as not making the best food choices as long as it fit my calorie budget).  

     And as mentioned in a previous post I dropped my 5k time from 20:XX to 19:00 (even while reducing the amount of running I was doing) during this time so lifting has had a positive impact on my running as well :)

Now I'm running late for morning cardio (stairs!), hopefully I will find time to start posting again but if you are interested I do post fitness related and competition progress stuff on my Facebook page ~ http://www.facebook.com/KatieMcGrathCPT because it is easier time wise to make quick updates.

5 comments:

Custom Swim Suits said...

Vandella Costumes has been selling quality competition suits and costumes to pros and amateurs for over 17 years.

Latia Leflore said...

It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks. Platform Lifts

Ramesh chauhan said...

Thanks for making reference to this web page, it is very useful for the company individual ads.

Custom Swim Wear - vandella costumes has been selling quality competition suits and costumes to pros and amateurs for 17 years.

Anonymous said...

Katie, you are so beautiful. Its great to see you trying the bikini contest. I do you have any sponsors? email me at nmike8558@yaho.com take care!

Anonymous said...

If you weren't already married..the things I would do to you, woman.

Would pound that angus till you're begging for more.