Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Three Things Tuesday?

. . . because making lists of three unrelated things that happen to be on your mind is a lot easier than coming up with a real post when you got nothin.  Although oddly yesterday I thought I had too many post ideas and then this morning?  They disappeared.  The rain must have washed them away.

Sunny/Warm Days = Highly Motivated, Cleaning, Goal Making, Ass Kicking Katie
Rainy/Cold Days = Can Someone Please Peel Me Off the Couch Katie 


1) I ran 2.5 mi yesterday with no knee pain!!  Except I took NSAIDS before hand (2 excedrin) so that is most likely why.  I'm going to either run today with no NSAID before or wait till tomorrow to run again (also no NSAIDS before), still deciding.  The rain is making me think tomorrow unless I tread it.

2)  I don't know if the rest of the country has heard about the serial killer on Long Island yet but it is completely creeping me out.  I won't go into much detail (since I don't want the search hits), but 8 bodies have been found (so far) in the roadside brush only a few miles down from the beach I work at.
    
    We drive past this area on our way to work every day and a few years ago (which apparently some of the remains are up to 3 yrs old) I used to run  past this area.  The past 2 yrs though I've chosen to run on the beach or parking lot loops instead, I've never liked running on that parkway on my own.  Really there is not much to worry about as the identified women were all hired off of Craigslist, but still super creepy.  I am hoping it is solved before the beach opens because it will be even creepier to see cop cars all over the area on the way to work.


3) The Fabulous Caitlin of Fit, Fierce, and Fabulous posted some to-die-for summer sandals on her blog last week.  Being the impulsive person I am, I ordered them about 5 seconds after seeing them.  She didn't even post a link or brand for them, but I spied the hidden Seychelles logo and was on it!

 I present the Seychelles Eye of Mars Sandal:
Love
and according to tracking info they should arrive today :D

Seafoam Green also adorable:
but the pink/brown combo won out.

22 comments:

Keelie Sheridan said...

Cutest sandals ever!

And OMG please be careful working out on your own! So scary!!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That is scary, please be careful out there

Matty O said...

Once I figure out what is hurting me, I take the NSAIDs if the pain is up there on my tolerance level.

Once in a while I would workout without them to see where I was at pain wise... if it lasts more than 2 weeks go to a doctor haha, means something else is going on.

Careful out there. Heather and I do all our runs together... We run on secluded trails as well, never trust anyone out there!!!

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

That is creepy. Ug. =(

Diet Chic ~ Jury said...

omg Katie, that is so creepy! I hadn't heard, be careful on your runs.
on another note, those sandals are super cute :)
Hope the pain subsides soon with no excedrin needed.

Running Down a Dream said...

I lived on Long Island (Upton, NY) 2 summers ago for an internship. I actually met my husband there, so it has a special place in my heart. Now I am in upstate outside of Albany.

I love your blog! I'm going to use your workouts to get nice arms, lol. But so creepy about the serial killer. Make sure you stay safe!

Nessa @ island style running said...

Wow that is super creepy!!

I haven't heard that on the news (well, living in Hawaii, our newscasters aren't really up to snuff). Please be safe!!

and love love love those sandals!

Small Town Runner said...

Be safe, Katie...and rehearse your eye-gouging, ear-biting, and knee-to-crotch moves!!
Seriously...I get panicked about stuff too, but lately I haven't thought a bit about it. Hope they catch that guy soon.

Hope your knee behaves for you!! Cute sandals=D

Beth said...

1. Running in the rain is fun, put on a hat and go for it!
2. That is super creepy, carry mace if you are running alone or get a big dog =)
3. Super cute sandals I love Seychelles.

Thomas Bussiere said...

1 - Days like this I use my bike trainer to get the cardio in and yet feel good that I did something.

2 - Like everyone else said, please be careful. And if you see this animal, go kick it's ass. I always carry mace.

Tami said...

Thanks for the body rok advice over on Gina's blog. I got my timer today in the mail and plan to do one tomorrow

Michael said...

Be careful, that is super creepy. On a happier note - totally love the sandals.

Melissa Cunningham said...

girl,i hear ya about the weather!
except the rain brings this mamma pain in all her joints! snow is worse though....
AND about the serial killer thing,yes,totally creepy! i grew up on a lake,and worked on the docs there during the summers as a waitress(small restaraunt on the water) my dad was in coast gaurd and was always one of the ones they would call when there was a body search. nothing says creepy like going for a swim and 5 hours later,daddy bringing up a dead body,in the same area!
please stay safe on your runs!!!!
oh,and i heart the shoes!

Rochelle said...

Those sandals are to die for! I'm such an impulse buyer! Just yesterday I told myself I wasn't going to buy any running gear for awhile (I've spent way too much recently)...and I found really cheap running shoes and bought two pairs today! LOL

Laura Frey said...

I was reading your blog while you were reading mine, LOL! Love the pain free run! I used to over dope on motrin but it would only dull the pain so NO pain is awesome. Go slow homey! Just for a little bit then kick ass!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Be safe girl! This is scary! The weather totally plays into my moods. :( I'm soooo sick of the Raaaaaaaiiiin and so ready for sunshine!

Chris K said...

No craigslist for you young lady.

Those shoes are just lovely.

Guess what? I may go to NY this summer. My kid wants to visit Ithaca college. If I am close to you I will let you know.

coach dion said...

Be careful out there, I need to be reading your stories, it make coming to work more fun...

Doug said...

I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any knee pain. If you have to take pain killers, that's OK. You'll get back. As you get older, pain killers in some form become normal.

Mike said...

Be careful. If you don't already carry pepper spray I would advise it. I'm glad to hear your knee is feeling better.

BabyWilt said...

Goodness that is scary, be safe out there.

Wanted to also say try not workout with pain killers, you will only be doing more damage. I may have missed it but do you have a diagnosis for the pain?

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I agree. Having the cops out on your way to work would just make it that much more "closer to home" though really just 'work.'