Some Plans For February
* 3k indoor race. I posted that I would LOVE to go sub 11, but I'd be psyched with sub 12. I need to be realistic with my goals. ✔ That gets a check for being very close to 12 :D
* I'm participating in Jogging with Fiction's Bake Sale Auction this Saturday. I will be making Conversation Heart Cake Pops, money raised goes towards Kisses From Katie. ✔ Loved this
* Find some races for March and April ✔ I'll post them below in March goals
* Increase my mileage in prep for May 1st Half Mary ✔ I didn't count/track my exact miles for Jan., but I had 67 for Feb. and that might just be double what I had for Jan. Longest runs: 2-8 milers 1-10 miler
* Reach 118 lbs. I could have been there by now, but I haven't been doing the things I need to in order to get there. The major hurdle being I drink too much. This obviously isn't good for any of my goals and cutting it out will be a major focus for February.
Right now I'm sitting at 122-124 (123 this morning), so 5lbs in a month is completely do-able. - I'll call it a draw, still at 122, happy I maintained. The beginning of Feb (and even half way through) I still drank to much. I'm ready to smash this goal though :) More on this in it's own post prob.
* Continue to increase my push-ups and chin-ups (assisted for now). Push-up goal for Feb: 30 - Ehh this would be a "lose some," I slacked on the push-ups. It is really hard for me to get over the 20-22 hump.
* Improve my writing. I cringe sometimes when I go back and read some of my posts. The best way to become a better writer is to write, but I'm also going to do some reading and reflecting on writing :) - This one is hard to measure, but you are all still here (and some) :D
Other things that happened in February:
~Burpee contest- I finished with 23 and I'm ok with that :)
~Picked up my brand new bike- unfortunately I have not gotten a chance to ride it yet, that is why there have been no pics, SOON though :D
~ Finally got my first swim in on Friday and am very excited to start swimming more!
AND. . .
I Got Some Pretty Awesome Mail this past month:
On Saturday I received the Aerobars from Austin's Pay It Forward Giveaway, and was really excited :D BUT since I still have to learn how to ride my bike without Aerobars first, Nol and I were EVEN MORE excited about these:
Austin lives in New Orleans, so he sent Mardi Gras Beads along with the bars :D I actually think the white ones look good with my outfit:
I also recently received my Chicked Sticker from Jamoosh and promptly stuck it on the back on my training journal:
(Thanks Vinny for the flip tip :)
They are PB&J Flavored and awesome, I highly recommend :)
I meant to get to March goals in here, but that will have to wait till later/tomorrow.
-BodyRock.TV's The Trainer Who Loved Me, but I cut it in half and did 30 reps of each as opposed to 60
- 3 mile run; 8:20/ 6:45/ 8:20
Yesterday I ended up taking a rest day (except for a ton of nighttime Ab work), first one in a while.
Workout Song of the Day: "Sail" ~ AWOLNATION - On repeat all day :)
Sorry for the length, I have a lot I want to get down in the next few days :)
What is one goal you reached in February and/or one goal you have for March?