Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You Win Some, You Lose Some

   First off, here is what I wrote for my Feb goals/plans (and how I did next to it):


Some Plans For February

* 3k indoor race.  I posted that I would LOVE to go sub 11, but I'd be psyched with sub 12.  I need to be realistic with my goals.   That gets a check for being very close to 12 :D

* I'm participating in Jogging with Fiction's Bake Sale Auction this Saturday.  I will be making Conversation Heart Cake Pops,  money raised goes towards Kisses From Katie. Loved this 

* Find some races for March and April I'll post them below in March goals

* Increase my mileage in prep for May 1st Half Mary  ✔ I didn't count/track my exact miles for Jan., but I had 67 for Feb. and that might just be double what I had for Jan.  Longest runs: 2-8 milers 1-10 miler

* Reach 118 lbs.   I could have been there by now, but I haven't been doing the things I need to in order to get there.  The major hurdle being I drink too much.  This obviously isn't good for any of my goals and cutting it out will be a major focus for February. 
     Right  now I'm sitting at 122-124 (123 this morning), so 5lbs  in a month is completely do-able.   - I'll call it a draw, still at 122, happy I maintained.  The beginning of Feb (and even half way through) I still drank to much.  I'm ready to smash this goal though :) More on this in it's own post prob.

* Continue to increase my push-ups and chin-ups (assisted for now).  Push-up goal for Feb: 30 - Ehh this would be a "lose some," I slacked on the push-ups.  It is really hard for me to get over the 20-22 hump.

* Improve my writing.  I cringe sometimes when I go back and read some of my posts.  The best way to become a better writer is to write, but I'm also going to do some reading and reflecting on writing :) - This one is hard to measure, but you are all still here (and some)  :D


Other things that happened in February:
 ~Burpee contest- I finished with 23 and I'm ok with that :)
 ~Picked up my brand new bike- unfortunately I have not gotten a chance to ride it yet, that is why there have been no pics, SOON though :D
~ Finally got my first swim in on Friday and  am very excited to start swimming more!


AND. . .
I Got Some Pretty Awesome Mail this past month:


    On Saturday I received the Aerobars from Austin's Pay It Forward Giveaway, and was really excited :D  BUT since I still have to learn how to ride my bike without Aerobars first, Nol and I were EVEN MORE excited about these: 


Thanks Austin!!

  I also recently received my Chicked Sticker from Jamoosh and promptly stuck it on the back on my training journal:
LOVE it!
(Thanks Vinny for the flip tip :)

Next up, I won Bonk Breakers Bars in a Kovas Contest:
They are PB&J Flavored and awesome, I highly recommend :)

   BIG Shout out to Jury, who participated in a stair climb on Sunday and ROCKED IT :D

I meant to get to March goals in here, but that will have to wait till later/tomorrow.

Today's Training:
-BodyRock.TV's The Trainer Who Loved Me, but I cut it in half and did 30 reps of each as opposed to 60
- 3 mile run; 8:20/ 6:45/ 8:20

  Yesterday I ended up taking a rest day (except for a ton of nighttime Ab work), first one in a while.

Workout Song of the Day: "Sail" ~ AWOLNATION -  On repeat all day :)

Sorry for the length, I have a lot I want to get down in the next few days :)

  What is one goal you reached in February and/or one goal you have for March?

17 comments:

Small Town Runner said...

Katie, Love your goals! Great job on the mileage, too. :)

My #1 running goal for march is to get back on the road.

Other goals include keeping my husband and kids happy with me while i work toward that goal. =D

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Great job on the ab work at night - I have to do it in the morning on an empty stomach, or I won't do it. Good job on your goals! I think you're a great writer!

Dani- danielleislosingit said...

I think you are doing awesome with your goals! And holy cow woman how many things did you win? I guess I need to get on those giveaways! Love the beads.

Amanda@runninghood said...

You've had a great month Katie! Great goals to look forward to. I've thought a lot about the weight thing and I think I'm pretty happy sitting at 120ish even though I'm sure I could go lower but I don't think I'd look very healthy. And I love to eat at 9 p.m when the kids are in bed and I'm hungry after the gym...this just doesn't seem worth it to give up. Ha! Plus, I like my muscle and don't want to give it up. ;) How tall are you? YOu look great at your 122!

Vincent said...

good luck with the new goals!

I've noticed that many of your photos are inverted which leads me to believe you are using Photo Booth. If you go into the Edit option, there is Autoflip new photos. This way you can read writing in the pictures and it won't be backwards!

Tri-James said...

Solid month.

Running Diva Mom said...

just found your blog! You rock and are to friggin' adorable! :)

JohnP said...

You're on a roll! Keep up the hard work! Luv the sticker! I'm so used to being Grandma'd that if I only got chicked then I'd be having a good day lol.


Ummm I'm jealous! I know what gurls do to earn them beads! Lucky guy - maybe he's willing to share the photos? hah! ;)

Melissa Cunningham said...

great job girl!!!!!!
keepup your hard work!
no doubt you will reach and exceed those goals!

Austin said...

Glad ya'll liked the beads...happy Mardi Gras!

Hurry up and get some miles on those aerobars...enjoy!

Nelly said...

Sounds like you had a great month! You will get that sub 11:00 3K sometime! Gotta love New Orleans, that city is amazing to visit.

For February, I didn't really have a set goal, just to get back into shape. I think I did that, I'm feeling much better on runs, as my 11 mile run on Sunday indicated. I'm probably going to start my half marathon training for the San Diego half that happens in June...

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I got the water bottle from Austin's giveaway and was happy to find the mardi gras beads myself.

Mine are hanging from the entry way light so that everyone who comes in gets to feel immediately in mardi gras mood! Looks like your son sure enjoys the beads!!

Goals for March include learning to avoid shin splints and getting up to a 3 hour bike ride.

coach dion said...

Morning Runs, I need morning Run to up my Milage and get ahead. I'm also trying to loss wieght, and did manage to shead a couple of pounds on Sunday, but I was sick...

Drinking is also my problem, so I need more miles...

Mike said...

You set great goals. Keep up the good work.

Diet Chic ~ Jury said...

AWWW Katie! Thanks so much for the shout out, I feel so flattered, thanks for the support and encouragement, it really helped to see how well you do with the stairs and how much you love them, they are tough!
You’ve had such an amazing month!! Love the outfit, the beads are cool and look at your boy rocking those beads, he is just so darn cute!!! =D

Adam said...

Holey crap you won a lot of awesome loot!! I'd be lying if I didn't say that the beads might have been the best part. Maybe the sticker from Jamoosh, but probably the beads.

Dash said...

Great month katie, can't wait to see March!