Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We're Going To. . .


On Sunday we booked our first family trip to Disney World!! :D

Easter Break, anddd I was very happy to discover that our hotel has a 1-mile jogging trail on the grounds, it is one week before my first half.

Also this means I will be working A LOT more during March (Easter break flights are not cheap), but I will do my best to keep up with blogging.

VERY, Very excited!!!! 

  Other Stuff
* 5k Saturday!
* Just got a FB message that my HS is having an alumni track meet in April, the only Alum event is a 4x1 (which I'm doing :), but it will also be great to see everyone :D
* Also on FB, some beach co-workers made an event to see who was interested in doing the NJ Tough Mudder in November.  Sounds like the best way to celebrate my 27th (scary) B-day!!  There will most definitely be a costume theme :)
* I love the New Balance commercials where they're running on a track they built at Pier 54.  I always wish I was there while watching it. Behind the scenes:


* While subbing today we did a Science experiment on pulse rate before and after exercise, it was quite an enjoyable Science period :D

   Completely Random: On most of my runs, the last 200-400 meters to my house goes past the local college and I always give a little kick in at the end.  I am finding a little bit of pure bliss running at 6 min pace and having everyone stare while blasting this on my shuffle,
"You know I know how
To make em stop and stare as I zone out
The club can't even handle me right now
Watchin' you watchin' me I go all out"
It feels like I'm in a movie with my own personal soundtrack. 

19 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Yay for Disney!
I've heard crazy things about those tough mudders.

Cynthia said...

That is soo awesome! I've never been to Disney World I totally want to hear all about your trip!

That Tough Mudder looks awesome!!

Good luck on your 5k Sat!!
You are speedy and I know you will totally rock it!

californiadreamin said...

How fun!!!

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

wooo hoo, you guys are going to have so much fun at disney! good luck on the 5k, you're going to rock it. I have one on sunday!

coach dion said...

Disney sounds like fun, don't they have a marathon there some or other time, maybe you should aim at running it...

Shannon said...

Disney is so fun! I went to a disney restaurant last night for sinner and it was fabulous! Definitely a date night place ;-)

Tri-James said...

Have fun storming the castle!

BabyWilt said...

Oooooh I want to go to Euro Disney but the prices are just CRAZY!
ps new to following your blog, loving it :-)

Michelle said...

YAY for Disney! How fun! I'm sure Nolan is going to love it! :)

Melissa Cunningham said...

yay on everything!
for disney,the 5k,the alumni track meet...
oh yeah and for that 6min mile pace on the home stretch...
you rock!!!!!

Matty O said...

WOO HOO Vacations!

haha, an alumni track event huh? Are you going to be your entire relay team?! :) I would LOL.

good luck this weekend with the 5k.

Leave it all out there and come the last half mile, blow it out of the water and sprint!!!!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I'm doing one of the Tough Mudder's in May. It looks like an AWESOME race, doesn't it?

Have fun in Disney World!!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

YAY!!!

Good luck this Sat on your 5k!!! thinking of you!

Lindsay and James Cotter said...

oh I want to go to Disney. Too fun! Will you do burpees at Disney? haha.
LC

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Just checking to see if you are still participating in the Virtual 5k - ends Saturday.

Diet Chic ~ Jury said...

YAY for Disney!!! That’s going to be so much fun :}
I can just imagine you playing that song as you blast though those staring eyes and what a great feeling of accomplishment that must be!

Nelly said...

Disney world should be awesome!

That is great about your 5K race on Sat, good luck!

That alumni track meet does sound like a lot of fun, I wish my high school did that!

And I saw that new balance track commercial, that would have been cool to see people run on it!

Stefanie D. said...

I nominated you for an award on my blog!

http://run-on-riot.blogspot.com/2011/03/ttt-more-award.html

Kevin said...

Have fun and run strong. did i say have fun?