Monday, March 7, 2011

Bikini Body Move #7- Flexed Arm Hanging Knee Raises

    That's a mouthful, but as you can deduce from the name this move involves Hanging Knee Raises done in a Flexed Arm Hang position.

   I started doing these a few weeks ago when Zuzana posted an exercise challenge that consisted of 50 hanging knee raises.  I got them done but it KILLED my armpit area and it was difficult to keep from swinging to much in that position.

   While doing some pull-up work and getting my flexed arm hang on, I decided to add in the knee raises and it solved all my problems. No sore armpits, minimal swinging AND I am getting my arm and ab work in at the same time :D  I also find it kind of fun and hop on my pull-up bar throughout the day to bust out some sets :)

Demo:

I really dislike most youtube thumbnails, but whatev :)


 Also I'm gonna solicite votes one more time :) and I'm putting it on this post because these are some of my more fitness informative posts.  


   If you like my blog, please nominate it here to be on the Women's Health Blogroll for the fitness category :D  I'd love to put it on my Personal Trainer resume!

Thank you so much! Also you can nominate as many as you want, so you can vote for all your faves :)

Today's Workout
*HITT ~ .5 warm up/ Minutes 6-18: 12% incline, alternating 1:15 @ 3.0/ 1:00 @ 7.0-7.2/ 1.5 cool down    TOTAL: 3 miles
*Resistance stuff later (already did 50 + FlexedAHKRaises)

Song on repeat:  As heard in the above video ~ All of the Lights- Kanye West ft. Rihanna, Kid Cudi  (It's got a Rocky-ish feel to it :)

19 comments:

Jonathan Rohr said...

"flexed arm hanging knee raises"

..sometimes I think you're just trying to see how man adjectives you can cram into a workout name!

Jonathan Rohr said...

many*

Katie said...

haha, no I just liked combining Flexed Arm Hang and Hanging Knee Raises into FAHKR :D

coach dion said...

Love it, maybe I should do a couple before bed, but then my wife will think I'm mad... Don't tell her, but I think I'll do a bit of crab dancing, and stretching...

Kittee said...

Those are not my favorite... But hey if it gets me into a bikini...

You make it look effortless.

Jill said...

Those are AWESOME! Good for you, girl!

Melissa Cunningham said...

oh,i love these! but havent done em in a while! you DO make these look easy btw!
:)

Melissa Cunningham said...

oh,i love these! but havent done em in a while! you DO make these look easy btw!
:)

Tri-James said...

Looks like fun!

Laura Frey said...

You are a freakin rock star! I can do 3 of these. I'm glad you put the video I was trying to put it together in my head then scrolled down. perfect!

Jamoosh said...

Does raising my knees while laying on the couch count for anything?

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

It looks hard to do 10 - 20 of those, can't believe you did 50 right off the bat. Obviously, you're in pretty good shape!

Jennifer said...

I wish we still had a pull up bar! My husband gave it away -- grrrrr!

This move looks super challenging -- which is awesome! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Wow, those look tough - good lower ab workout for running!

Michelle said...

I nominated you! I am so jealous of your pull-up bar. I need to get one of those!

RoseRunner said...

Love hearing of another Parks & Rec fan! Rob Lowe's character IS great. I also really like April.

Nice incline! sounds painful, in a good way. I also love the video -- descriptions of moves mean nothing to me, I have to see it in motion to get it. So thanks :)

Living like Laree said...

ahh my boyfriend who is a trainer tried to get me to do these once and we ended up in an argument, he made me do them on a bar that actually swings and it was slightly to big for my hands to grip so i kept slipping, havn't done em since haha

Chris K said...

Those are too easy, I do them with one arm.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I love the combining of multiple exercises into one! It makes everything so much more efficient, right? haha