Thursday, February 17, 2011

Three Things Thursday

     1)  You may recall that a few weeks ago I had The 5th Grade Class from (they are kids so I'll put it nicely) The Black Lagoon.  After two days in that class I pretty much threw in the towel on subbing.

  How one of the boys from that class greeted me as soon as he walked in:

                    "HI MRS. HUMAN RESOURSES LADY" X 5

   Who can name that totally inappropriate for a 5th grader movie?

Hint:

I just realized that line was from this movie while watching it over the weekend, nonetheless I knew when he walked in yelling it at me. . .

It was going to be a bad day.

Skip to. . .

    Yesterday was my first day subbing again since then (I had said I was subbing Monday, but I messed the date up, it's  March 14th).  As I said, I over-shopped this weekend (Spring! Summer! Clothes& Bikinis :D) and felt the need to counteract some of it.

  One of the first things I heard yesterday morning:
  
"You are bootiful"

 I knew it was going to be a good day. . . and it absolutely was :)


    2)  It was such a great day that I actually  did a little workout of push-ups, planks and plank-ups on the reading rug while the class was in Music.  I had Pandora playing on my phone and this Jack song came on:


The whole situation made me very happy :)

The rest of yesterday's training was an easy 3-miler on The Mill in 26 ish.

     3) One week till race time, I'm getting some serious nerves and doubts :?  Even though the 3k was  considered a "distance" race in HS, it's pretty much an 11 minute sprint from start to finish. 

      50-55° for  today and tomorrow, definitely getting an 800  repeat track workout in sometime over the next 2 days.  If I can hit some solid half-mile times I should be feeling more confident, on the flipside if I crash and burn on the 8's. . . :/

   
    Do you have any exciting races coming up now that it is starting to thaw out?

17 comments:

Chad said...

Step Brothers!
I watched that on FX this weekend.

Follow up question: Do you want to do karate in the basement?
Did we just become best friends?

Katie said...

Mmhhmm, lets hope this kid watched the FX edited version!

Molly said...

I can't wait to run outside tomorrow, all the snow is melting and it's going to be in the 50's!

Rose said...

I'm a month and a day out from my 24 hour ultramarathon. Holy crap, typing that out just kind of terrified me.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck racing

DCGuru said...

lol glad it got better. I feel your pain. I use to work with atrisk youth now I'm a preschool teacher with a class full of boys smh.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Yay! Glad you had a better experience! You speed demon you, you will kill that race!!

Nelly said...

glad that you had a better subbing experience this time around! When I was in grade school I definitely remember that our class either behaved really well, or we were terrible. We figured that we wouldn't see the sub again, so why not terrorize her! haha But I remember that if the sub was cool to us, we wouldn't be as bad to them.

I think your 3K race will go awesome. Are you going to wear your spikes? I think this will shave even more time off. And getting into a race and going all out if fun - you will surprise yourself I think.

Stephanie said...

I don't have one I'm registered for until April. I'm thinking about finding one for March though because I'll get restless without a training goal. :)

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

Marathon this weekend in Austin. It's been over 1½ months since I raced. I'm ready to go.

RoseRunner said...

I live in the weather-spoiled CA, so not much thawing out to do...

But I'm looking forward to a half marathon in Oakland CA at the end of March, and a marathon in Eugene OR in May

Chris K said...

Thaw out. That's funny. I have an exciting 50K through a beautiful redwood forrest in 8 weeks. I am REALLY looking forward to that.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Good luck on the race ... I have no doubt you'll smoke it!

Jill said...

I have the same race as Chris K and I can barely run. I'm REALLY looking forward to that. HA!

Let the thaw begin. PLEASE!

Dash said...

That is a totally inappropriate movie!

Can't wait to hear how you rock it out this weekend, don't be nervous, you will do awesome!

I have a 10k tomorrow, followed by a mile street race on Monday.

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! I am running a half marathon on March 13th :)

Andrew Opala said...

actually you are bootiful ... in a very booty kind of way