Sunday, February 20, 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

23


That's my final count.


I wanted 30, but 2 minutes of straight burpees is challenging enough, I will take 23.  For Now.


    I've been slacking on my push-ups the past few weeks, so today's burpees were actually harder than my first few attempts.  Plus I mysteriously gained 5 lbs in between Friday and Saturday (I'm sure it had nothing to do with two night eating out and hockey game food/drinks).

   My first attempt tonight I only got to 20 and I was kinda bummed because I didn't get a video of my previous 23.  So I took a little rest and tried again.  23.  Except I think the first set looks better.

Grammy's music themed burpee videos:






You've still got a few hours left to join the fun.


. . .and thus far I am true to my word, I DID get more than Kovas, Patrick and Mr. Manly combined (since none of them did it :P)

11 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

great job!
im about to do my 2nd attempt with a video...
30 on first try..
WAS shooting for 40---
willsee what i can get here in about an hour-just got done working out and am weeble wobbley,so we will see how much i got left!
goal is 35 ormore!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Wow, great work! I don't think I could do 10! But 43 in a short period is awesome!

californiadreamin said...

your awesome!! Id kill myself lo

Kittee I am a Runner! said...

Impressive.. Burpees kick my booty!!!

pseudoally said...

haha, you inspired me to try and I could only do 10 - timed or not, although I have horrible form on my pushups so I'm not sure any of them count :) I'm going to have to work these into my routine, the Mike Rowe video sold me. Love him!

Btw, just found your blog and I really like it. You're very motivating!

Shannon said...

Great job! Burpees make me nauseous.

RoseRunner said...

Holy crap, I got tired after watching about 30 seconds of that. It looks so friggin hard!

I'm kind of out of the loop on this whole burpee contest. I'll just watch from the sidelines.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Okay, what's in it if I win it?! This just sounds fun to say ...in it if I win it. I just did my first burpees ever. Always up for a challenge but sometimes I'm a little late. darn, wish I would have started earlier. I ran 12 miles today and 8 yesterday so I'm a little tired. I did 10, gave up and then realized it was only 34 seconds so I tried again. I think I got 20 in 1:30 but now I'm too tired to try again. Darn. Maybe in an hour or two. I might just post my vids now. :) I'm off to check out your contest again.

Chris K said...

Not my fault. We were going to do a "live" burpee contest but Kovas can't do our race in April.

Actually, I guess that's kind of a lame excuse, eh?

Amanda@runninghood said...

okay, nevermind, it was 20 in 1:10. Darn, the competitive side of me says that I need to get out there in the living room and try again but my arms and legs say NO NO NO!

Teamarcia said...

Wait you mean that gnat in my face called manly didn't even do it despite his 'challenge' to me? Darn it I had my bikini all set to go.

Nicely done girl!