Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Never Say Never

    Mmmhhmm I just used a Bieber song as my title.  I was loving the Grammy's on Sunday night and when I heard this song and I thought it was kinda motivational.  I could hear myself repeating this. . .
"I will never say never 
I will fight till forever"
      . . .during the gutting it out part of my 5k or whatev race I happen to be destroying.  Cheesy, yes. . . but cheesy works if it can help me PR :D

  I was also in love with The Gag's Abs, obsessed:

  Pointy shoulders?  Hatching from an egg?  

I didn't even notice these things. I was too hypnotized by her stomach muscles.  THAT is what I want to have in 3 months :)


   Yesterday's Training:   
 10 mile run~ First 5 at Tempo  36:28/ 7:18  pace which included some snow pile hurdling and climbing.  The last 5 were slow and the end a bit painful.  


Total time: 1:25:30


   Gorgeous 40° weather, loved it :D
    
     Today I'm taking off from running as my misshaped right hip is a little sore.  I'm gonna focus on some core and arm work instead.


    I am 10 weeks out from my first half and originally I wasn't going to set any goals other than finish and give what I got.  However my tempo runs have my brain scheming about what kind of time I can achieve.  I'm all, "If I can work my way up to maintaining this pace for the full 13, I can hit 1:35 and maybe even better."

     I have no idea if this is feasible or not.  I'm still on the completely unorthodox training plan of doing what I feel like.  I'm gonna try and write out at least some kind of plan today, I think tempos are going to be a key component of my half training.


     I can't wait to start racing again, just over a week till my indoor 3k and eyeing some 5ks in March where I am hoping to SMASH my Turkey Trot 21:52 time :D

28 comments:

Matty O said...

If you want Abs to strive for... you want EMZ's abs. 'Nuff said.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Great run yesterday! Bieber Fever Forever!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

It's all the good drugs she takes (self proclaimed on her part)

Katie said...

This is very true on the EMZ abs :) I think Gaga's stood out to me cause I saw them live on TV and they looked sick :D Pictures don't to justice.

Lol don't those drugs make you eat more.

Thanks Jim!

Nelly said...

I got to go with Matty O on going for EMZ's abs, haha

The Grammy's was a really good show, I liked all the performances!

And you did have a nice run, you will do great in your half marathon in 10 weeks!

GeorgiaSnail said...

I think you were borderline breaking your Turkey Trot time in the tempo run you just did...great job.

Jonathan Rohr said...

If you're doing 7min pace in tempos then you'll crush your 5k PR. Have you got another goal in mind?

::cough:: sub-18 ::cough, cough::

Danielle said...

I kinda like that song. Is that bad to admit. Maybe it makes it worse if I tell you I saw the movie, too? oops.
Awesome goals!!

Jill said...

Bieber, Perry...whatever, as long as it works!!! :)

Holy crapola, I didn't know Gaga had such awesome abs - yeah, I'd be fixated on those too. I'm sure the shoulders were just an abnormality at birth.

E.J. said...

Wow, awesome time! As for the song, Never Say Never will always be a Brandy song to me....

I haven't heard Justin's song though....

Rose said...

Most guys I know would kill for Emz' abs.

Jeff - DangleTheCarrot said...

My wife and her friend had the grammy's on the other night. I walked in the room and said "what the hell is that". My wife said, "it is Lady Gaga in a womb!" ... I turned and walked out of the room!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

You did 10 miles at that pace?! You are a rock star! yes, on the EMZ abs--A-MAZ-ING!!

So excited to follow your future races!!!

Stefanie D. said...

Nice job on your runs! It seems the no plan, plan is working for you. :)

Small Town Runner said...

Sounds like you are on a great track for a ffffast half! =D

Keep up those long runs and do your best to get comfy with about 15 mile LR (totally doable with 10 weeks left!)and I bet you'll ROCK that thing.

Way to rock the snowdrifts =D

Katie said...

Ahaha No way Jess! The FIRST 5 were at 7:18 pace, the rest. . . just barely making 10 min miles :D I've got a ways to go!

Julie @ Hotlegs Runner said...

agreeing with Matty O. Emz's abs is insane. But I had abs like Gaga once...25 years ago...when I was 12 years old :p

Melissa Cunningham said...

great job on the tempo!
and yes,go for the EMZ abs,that my goal too!!
AND 1:35 or faster 1/2!!!!
geez,we need to stick together and motivate eachother over the next 12 weeks!!
-we may need to pick eachothers brain when it comes to this running stuff!

Caroline said...

10 miles! good job! with tempo in the middle..even better! and fast pace!

working on abs also..I got a 2 packs for now and several scars to go with it..no looking like GAGA or EMZ just yet!!!

Kate said...

Wow, Speedy Gonzales! Nice run.

Thanks for the comments! The problem is that the kids with behavior problems are supposed to be my specialty. Sigh. Subs have a TOUGH job. Kudos to you.

Mamarunsbarefoot said...

Great run you!!! Love speedy tempos. I'll never have a tummy like that, 5 kids 'nough said

Chris K said...

Yeah, great. I so can't wait for you to start racing again so I get to watch you virtually chick me every single time :-(

coach dion said...

If you put a good plan together you are not only looking at breaking 1:35, but maybe even 1:30!!!

maybe I'm old, but who or what are EMZ abs? if you are looking for great abs, look up polevault and Russia's Elena Isinbaeva, I want abs like that, maybe I should do a bit of an ab workout...

MuncherCruncher said...

So glad somebody else watched the grammys...everyone i want to talk to about it didn't see them!! Why is lady gaga the craziest, most insane, most talented performer EVER...and yeah..those abs. Way to go on a killer workout girl! xoxoxo

Beth said...

Wow, great job on your run, I am sure you will kill your half!

Cait said...

ahhhh great post! crazy crazy gag but hey its what she does!! keep goin on that work out! you inspire me girl!

Emz said...

Beiber lover? Joke. Joke.

People. Please. Check. Your. Computer. Monitors. ???

Actually. Please. Don't.
I freaking needed to read this today.

Amazing speed Katie. Seriously. That's crazy awesome.

Andrew Opala said...

Your 10-miler time is better than my target 8-miler for Sunday!

How many times have I told you that you are awesome!