Friday, February 11, 2011

Mood Busted

       Yayy it's Friday and my usual Friday workout is just what I needed today.  Can you guess. . .

STAIRS

If you are new here you can read about my stair running obsession here.

      Today I did something extra while I was up at the school for my workout (I use a local college staircase).  Something that made me smile and hopefully will make others smile.

I stumbled upon the Operation Beautiful Site a while ago and thought it was pretty darn amazing.   

So today I did a little of this:

Pre Workout

Post Workout: Checking out how it was holding up :D


   I remember how low my self esteem was my first two years of college so I figured it was the perfect place for this little message :)  I think I'm gonna continue posting these awesome notes, it made me very happy (especially to think it might make some one else feel good when they see it) :D

  After my stairs I did an easy cool down jog of 2.5 miles, outside which was very nice. A bit cold still but the sun was shining and I ran sans music.  I definitely needed some sun and some fresh air.

   And the best news of all, my best friend is coming over tomorrow and staying through Sunday!  Sunday is supposed to be in the 40's so we may head to a local track and throw down some killer 400s ;)  

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL :D

22 comments:

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

Can't vouch for the inside, but you're gorgeous out. And that's waaaay more positive than the one on my mirror ("Don't forget to turn off space heater, dumbass!") though my gets points for its usefulness.

Have a great weekend.

Cathy Kennedy said...

You're look great already! Keep up the good work. People will be like, "You have a 5 year old?"

Chantal said...

Just wanted to chime in and say that you do look fantastic :) Have a great weekend!

Diet Chic ~ Jury said...

Love it!! Thanks for getting me to try the stairs btw... thanks to you I decided to start, i still hate it but I'm getting there. hehe :)

Tri-James said...

Love the stairs. You should try the local stadium (when it gets warmer).

Kovas said...

What do the janitors think when they find those notes?

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Katie, this is a great way to pay it forward and remind us chicas who are ultra critical, that we are beauties inside and out!! :)

Dash said...

Yay! I'm a little behind on my commenting, but have been keeping up! Glad your mood has been lifted - LOVE the note, it's true! :) TGIF!

TRI714 said...

Stadium stairs !!! never ending :0

Julie @ Hotlegs Runner said...

awww...great idea! God bless your heart =)

Adam said...

I really like that idea. Hopefully you also put them in the mens bathroom? I like to feel pretty too

Rebecca June said...

I've been a longtime lurker but never commented before. I just had to say I LOVE this! What better way to get yourself out of a funk then to make someone else smile? I think I'm going to hit the bathrooms at school this week. Thanks for the great idea. =)

Mandy Goode said...

Hey Katie! I just found your blog. :D I always see that Operation Beautiful stuff around the blog world, I will have to check out the website. It's a wonderful idea. I can't wait to read more of your blog! :) Happy Friday!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Listen to "Don't You Know You're Beautiful" by Kellie Pickler ... (the only reason I know that song is because I have a daughter ... I'm a MAN baby!)

Chris K said...

I only look at a woman's inner beauty :-)

You ARE beautiful on the inside and out. And clever, and funny, and kind, and sweet, and an awesome runner, and a great mom, and probably a great g-friend.

Thx for your nice Blog title suggestion!

Jonathan Rohr said...

400s!! AHH!!! They're my favorite track workout, be sure to let us know how it goes!

Jonathan Rohr said...

This made me think of a song that follows the theme of this post... while still being a pretty badass training song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZyhB1-Yb4U

The video is kinda stupid.. so just turn up your speakers and listen.

Kittee I am a Runner! said...

Katie... Love this idea! I am going to pass this along. I think I may need to put on my mirror too.

Stellar workout!

Yea for friends enjoy your weekend..

Received my Cake Pops. Yum! Thank You so much :)

Cait said...

love this girl :) keep it up!!!! have a great weekend!

Meri said...

Nothing like stairs for a fabulous booty :)
Fun site- happy to have stumbled upon your blog!
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

Mark said...

Nothing like a Friday to lift your spirits.

I put up little motivational statements in my office at work to remind me to give 110% every time I am there and to set an example for all my students.

You are a beautiful human being. Rock on!

Carolina John said...

Very cool! I love operation beautiful, have been following Caitlin for years. Great note, and great pics. You are really looking good these days girl.