Sunday, February 6, 2011

GREAT Day!

A short and sweet post just to list some of the greatness today:


~ Kari's Bake Sale for Kisses from Katie raised $900!  


~ I ran a 4 mile tempo run outside in 27:40.  6:55 pace :D  I beat my current 5k time.    
   I think all the treadmill running has helped, even though I don't run as fast on the treadmill, it still feels harder.  When I get outside I'm ready to fly.  


~  It is 40°.   Lot's of people running and walking outside, I even passed my dad and two of his friends running :D  After my tempo I ran 2.5 nice, slow cool down miles and enjoyed the sun.


~ Chris K BQed!!!!!  Ahhh so excited :D It's been so much fun on BQ or Die (which now has to be renamed!) the past few weeks.  And his comments always make me smile :)


~ I'm leaving in 15 to go get my bike!  The shop ordered it last week and today I'm going to pick it up and get everything properly adjusted.  It's so nice out I might be able to take it on it's maiden voyage later.


Hope everyone else is having a GREAT Sunday!


16 comments:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I like the new description of your blog!! And, yay! Chris K!

Jeff - DangleTheCarrot said...

yeah to new bike!!! Gotta post a bunch of pics! Great pace on the 4miler.

Melissa Cunningham said...

YAY for the 655 pace and yay for the bike!

ashley (redonk runner) said...

awesome treadmill pace!!! i can't do that in any form of running, but i can only imagine how rough that would feel on the treadmill - i always feel like i'm running harder than necessary for my pace on the treadmill.

JohnP said...

Ohhhh exciting! I can't wait for the pics! I'm so happy for you!!

Jonathan Rohr said...

6:55 is flyin!! Good work!

Jogging with Fiction said...

It really was a great day, wasn't it?? I'm so glad you participated too!

Amber said...

What kind of bike are you getting?
I was seriously excited to buy my bike!

Dash said...

Congrats on your tempo run!! Can't wait to see the pics on your new bike, have you named her yet?

Matty O said...

nice job on the run! Feels good to be nailing under the 7min mark huh?

Jealous, keep reading everyone's splits and I just shake my head haha. I am an all out runner and have yet to do that this year. Sucks.

Hope the bike treats you well! If you are a glutton for punishment (like I think you are), buy a trainer for your bike... the workouts are much harder than riding outside, no forgiveness or stopping for traffic. :)

Have a good week!

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

Holy cow on that tempo run pace! Awesome job.

Andrew Opala said...

you are super fast ... and I'm just so slow! ... but I'm getting better.

Black Knight said...

A very fast pace, I agree the dreadmill helps (even if it is a nightmare).
Enjoy your bike, waiting for the pics.

Diet Chic ~ Jury said...

Nice job on the fundraising!! and that 4 mile time is AWESOME!! love the pic too :)

the dawn said...

AMAZING!!!! you weren't kidding, it is a great day!

Chris K said...

Katie! Yikes, I'm so behind. Thank you, thank you, thank you. That is really sweet. I am blown away by all the awesome support I've received. Your post made me smile!