Monday, January 3, 2011

A Step in the Right Direction

. . .that was the theme in a class that I subbed in frequently last year,  I LOVE it!!  I took a step in the right direction torward my goals today.

Just in time for the new year, look what came :D


Warning: Picture Overload Ahead


My ACE training manual! 
(The first site I ordered it from kept e-mailing me backorder notices for like 2 months, I finally cancelled the order, reordered from a new site and got it in a week :D)

Everyone went back to work and school today and now at least I feel like I am being productive or learning or sumthink.

Hard at work (or hardly working?):



Intriguing



Finally, a text book I enjoy reading!!



Not one that makes me go:
Gosh, that's scary.

Are you sure about that one ACE (of course, I am skeptical about some of the training advice)



Alright off to run stairs because I believe the MOST important thing about being a rockstar trainer is practicing what you preach :)
    

12 comments:

Matty O said...

Good luck! Shed some knowledge with all of us ;)

Heidi said...

That's exciting. Good luck with your studies. It's something that interests me but now is not the right time in my life to tackle something new. I'm hoping to get there in the next couple years.

Crafty Jogger said...

Good luck! That's so exciting =) How long does it take to become certified?

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

NIce! I am a NSCA-CSCS! The studying paid off! Good luck!!

Abby said...

You totally just reminded me that I need to renew mine by the end of the month! I've still got some cec's to earn too, crap! When are you planning on taking your test? Good luck, you will do great, and I know will get that pull ups in no time!

JohnP said...

That's great that you found something that interests you! Good luck with your certs!!

DCGuru said...

Way to start the new year off right. (-:

Kennyo said...

Love the 2nd last pic...
That book looks huge, how long will that to read?

Lindsay and James Cotter said...

woo hoo! That thing is a bugger to read but WORTH IT! COngrats on the big decision!
LC

Jason said...

That is a great start to the new year. Congrats on taking that first step.

coach dion said...

Just carring that book around is going to make you fit...

coach dion said...

Hope the stairs went well I'll be on the stairs on Wednesday, 6 x 1km this afternoon. As everybody's saying it's a New Year and time to get fit, mentally and physically.