Saturday, January 1, 2011

Paint.

   I've been fighting myself a bit lot lately.

   There are so many exciting and new things I want to challenge myself with and yes, much of the time I think "I've So Got This!"

   While other times my negative thoughts get the better of me  and I become overwhelmed.  I want to curl up in a ball on the couch in my blanket, eat whatever I want and hide from the world.


      I'm afraid of failure.  Why does not even trying, sometimes seem like a better option than attempting and failing?

    Today I saw a quote that I cut out over a year ago and stuck on a bulletin board, I hadn't read it in a while.  It touched me so much the first time I read it and it resonated very deeply with me and how I've been feeling when I read it again today.

    

 "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."

                              ~Vincent Van Gogh


                                     This year I am going to paint.

8 comments:

californiadreamin said...

Love it!!!!

Julie said...

that is fantastic!!! I love it, Katie!!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Paint in every color Katie!!

Great post and relating it this "resolution" time of year!

Keri said...

Stealing this quote :)

Black Knight said...

Paint and ...... color the world (this is part of a Chicago's song).

Julie said...

I love this Katie! You are a go getter and an over achiever:) There is nothing that you will not be able to do once you set your mind to it! For God sake, paint:) No such thing as failure if you try!

Happy New Year! Hugs!

Jeff - DangleTheCarrot said...

Great quote! Best way to get over those negative thoughts is to train hard and push through them when no one is watching. Then on race day they don't seem to come back!

Mark said...

Morton Feldman said "I never learned anything by any of my successes."

I always remember this when I am premiering a new piece or out on a course running a triathlon.