Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Microchip Has Been Compromised

       Anyone who watched Parks and Recreation on Thursday night knows what I'm talking about.  This weeks episode was actually the first time I've watched the show; it was on right after The Office.  I thought it was hysterical and will definitely be watching from now on.


    Rob Lowe's character Chris is a runner/ triathlete type athlete.  Some of his quotes from the episode, "Flu Season":

          Ben: "You need a ride back to the office?"
         Chris: "No, no. I'm going to go for a light 15K. I missed yesterday."

      “My body is finely tuned like a microchip, and the flu is like a grain of sand. It could literally shut down the entire system.”

      “Oh my God. The microchip has been compromised.”

       “STOP . . . POOPING.”


   Sooo, I'm sick.

    I haven't been sick in a really long time and I forgot how much I don't like it.  I guess my snow run did me in, but whatever I still love ya, snow running.  I've felt icky since Thursday- ish, on Friday I did 100+ burpees just so I could get a decent demo video (and felt lightheaded after), yesterday= rest day, today= rest day.   

     Hopefully tomorrow I will be back at it.  

12 comments:

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

oh my gosh, I watched it too and was cracking up over his character!! (I watch it on a regular basis, it's really funny, you should definitely keep watching).

I hope you feel better :(

Stacie said...

Feel better soon! Being sick is no fun : (

Beth said...

Sorry to hear you are sick, I am too =(.

I LOVE Parks and Rec, and the office, so freakin funny!

Melissa Cunningham said...

feel better soon!!!!!!!

Chris K said...

That episode was hilarious. You'll be happy to know that I challenged Kovas to a burpee throwdown. The world is just not round unless Kovas and I have some kind of beef. Get well soon.

Tri-James said...

100+ burpees - dang girl!

Feel better soon.

Rose said...

Parks and Rec is awesome. Is it sad that I thought "15k? That's fewer than 10 miles. That's not hard core."

Running has ruined my life.

I hope you feel better soon.

coach dion said...

What do 'they' say, eat garlic, beetroot, sweat potato, and for pudding have an orange... and get better soon.

JohnP said...

awwww.... it's that time of year I guess. I'm giving you virtual back rubz right now!

I meant that in a intertube-friendly way and NOT in a creepy cyber-stalker sense. I think.

:)

Get better s00n!

Jonathan Rohr said...

I'm so jealous that you get to watch Parks & Rec... we don't have it down here and I can't access Hulu, so it's gonna have to wait until I get back =/

Feel better!

the dawn said...

sorry you're not feeling well.

i watched parks and rec, and my husband kept laughing SO HARD at all the runner jokes that were happening. it was really really funny!

Katie said...

Thanks everyone!! I'm feeling much better today :D