I ended up feeling better by the afternoon yesterday and decided to do a quick 20 minutes of stairs. Sometimes sitting around doing nothing makes you feel worse. Mostly I'm just really phlegmy (lovely) and stuffed up; being outside for a bit and running stairs helped loosen things up.
I planned to run on my treadmill this morning, but when I went to turn it on it said, "lube belt." I'm gonna leave that up to Matt, I'm afraid I might break it. I may run outside later when it warms up a few degrees. I'll be doing my first 2 min. Burpee attempt today as well.
Some Things I did in January
* Started studying for the ACE training exam
* Fell in love with bodyrock.tv and developed a girl crush on Zuzana
* I didn't run any official races, but I ran a virtual 5k on my treadmill in 21:55
* Finally ordered my bike! I followed the advice of many of you (thanks!) and went to a LBS. The bike should be here by this weekend :D
* Surpassed 200 followers. I am always in SHOCK anytime I get a new follower or am linked on someone's sidebar. I'm not worthy.
* Got chosen to be in a bikini calendar and model some burpees for Andrew's contest (join the fun!) I'm awaiting my call from Hollywood any day now.
* Decided I am going to do a Half-Ironman in either September or October (or both?!) I'm weighing the pros/cons/options, but I probably won't post them on here (I will post when I decide!). My sister said she would train and enter a 70.3 with me, so my decision will be based on what works the best for the both of us.
* Rocked my push-ups. I'm up to 22 :D Video below (I only made it to 18 on the video, but I have worked really hard on my form and I see a big improvement. I do notice that my form starts to go a little at the end though.)
Some Plans For February
* 3k indoor race. I posted that I would LOVE to go sub 11, but I'd be psyched with sub 12. I need to be realistic with my goals.
* I'm participating in Jogging with Fiction's Bake Sale Auction this Saturday. I will be making Conversation Heart Cake Pops, money raised goes towards Kisses From Katie.
* Find some races for March and April
* Increase my mileage in prep for May 1st Half Mary
* Reach 118 lbs. I could have been there by now, but I haven't been doing the things I need to in order to get there. The major hurdle being I drink too much. This obviously isn't good for any of my goals and cutting it out will be a major focus for February.
Right now I'm sitting at 122-124 (123 this morning), so 5lbs in a month is completely do-able. I'm working so hard and I feel like I look decent, but I need to go that extra mile to get to outstanding. I guess being mid- winter it doesn't seem so urgent, but memorial day will be here before you know it and I want to be confident, not regretful for not giving my all.
* Continue to increase my push-ups and chin-ups (assisted for now). Push-up goal for Feb: 30
* Improve my writing. I cringe sometimes when I go back and read some of my posts. The best way to become a better writer is to write, but I'm also going to do some reading and reflecting on writing :)
Most importantly, continue having the time of my life with this little Monkey: