Last January, I didn't have a blog and I didn't make goals for 2010. Looking back I really didn't accomplish much either. I'm not saying it wasn't a great year, I enjoyed the time with my family and did lots of fun things, but I don't feel like I had much growth in many areas of my life.
That is until around September when I started this baby, actually made some goals , and decided I wasn't going to keep them as wishful thoughts in my head of "things I will do someday," any longer. While I'm not exactly old, I am definitely not getting any younger and I need to start doing these things NOW.
Today I went and looked back at my 2nd ever post, which listed some of my goals, to see how I was progressing.
Here are what my 3 goals were in that post (and how I've progressed):
1) Complete my first triathlon (and rock it!): This is a "dream" I have had for years. Specifically, competing in the TOBAY triathlon, which is the one I am registering for as soon as it opens up (I believe in early March?) My running is awesome right now (although that has always been the least of my concerns.) I am so close to getting my bike, just making sure I get the right one and in the meantime I got a spin bike for Christmas :D.
The swimming part I'm working on, but I know come May I have plenty of time to get my workouts in, being that my Tri is in August and I am able to swim everyday at work. The one reason I want to start swimming sooner is because I am hoping to sneak in an earlier Tri for practice.
Definite progress in this area, still on the list for 2011, I am 100% getting this done this year! And maybe/hopefully my 2nd and 3rd Tri too :D
2) Look into Personal Training Certification: Another long time dream of mine. As you can see in my past few posts, progress has been made! I chose my first certification to pursue (ACE), ordered the study manual and have been reading through it everyday this week.
Goal for 2011~ Pass my certification test, secure a training job for September and look into other training certifications for career development.
3) Stop weighing myself everyday: I forgot that I had made this a goal in one of my first posts. I know I had those posts about breaking my habit, but I thought they were the first time I mentioned it. I also talked about my progress a post or 2 ago, saying that lately I'm back to weighing everyday (holiday craziness), but I'm not as dependent on it as I was a month or two ago. I've made huge changes in this area and I am cutting down to once a week starting Monday.
I'm giving it an A for Effort and bringing it into 2011 with me!
Wow, anytime I start to think I am wasting time by blogging, I need to sit myself down and realize how It has helped me follow my dreams. Who knew a blog could help you accomplish so much, definitely not me.
More goals for 2011 (most of these I have developed over the past few months blogging and am carrying over in '11):
~ Sub 20 5k (been sayin' this for years)
~ Don't have an exact goal time for my half yet, but I'm thinking 1:45?
~ 50 push-ups
~ 1, just 1 measly, pull-up. More would be (I can't even think of a word to describe how awesome that would be), but I am having a full blown PARTY for the first one. You are ALL invited :)
(Again been saying this one for years, do you sense a pattern? 2011 is the year I'm going to do all the things I've said I was going to do for years)
~ Feel CONFIDENT in a bikini:
I said at some point that there would be less focus on physical appearance, but I can't help that I still want to look smoking in a bikini.
This goal is twofold:
1) Work my ass of to get super fit and sexy (as much of an athletic endeavour as any of my other above goals)
2) Work my ass of to see that I can rock a bikini whenever and that I deserve to accept myself now. Even If I got to the point where everyone thought I had the "perfect" body, it would be meaningless to me without self confidence. And vice-versa, If my body is not exactly "perfect," but I have loads of confidence, I will be able to rock a bikini and be 100%+ happy with myself anyway.
~ Keep developing my blog: I still waiver on what to post and which direction to go (on a daily basis,) but as stated above starting this was pretty much the best decision I made in 2010 and I'd love for it to continue to grow. Even if it doesn't, its still helping me sort through my thoughts and find my way :D
~ Continue to grow and strive to do new things: If I get a thought in my head of something I want to do, I am going to GO FOR IT, instead of pushing it aside and saying "someday. . ."
What are you aiming to accomplish this year, that you have wanted to achieve for a long time?