Monday, January 17, 2011

Blue Monday

In honor of the "Most Depressing Day of The Year"



   Even with everyone off from school/work for the MLK holiday, I couldn't fight off my cranky pants mood.  The morning/ afternoon wasn't bad, but once we returned home from a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, I totally crashed on the couch and couldn't get myself to move for 2 hours.  I was in and out of sleep and my stomach felt icky (I think it was the CEC pizza, refined carbs do bad things to me).    I also didn't get a workout in today, but I haven't had a day off in a while and I've been pushing myself pretty hard so a rest day was needed.

   Still not feeling great, trying to get the strength, energy. . . anything to do my Push-Ups.  Right now it doesn't feel possible.  I did make myself an amazing cucumber, tomato and red onion salad to combat the  earlier carb fest, helped a teeny bit (better than nothing I guess).

    Planning my mood boosting workout for tomorrow, can't wait :D

     How did you feel today??  I'm guessing this applies more to people in colder regions, but I've heard it is pretty cold in Florida right now as well.

9 comments:

Alex said...

It's cold here! I worked out this morning-nothing fancy.

It may have been the grease on the pizza?

E.J. said...

Just wanted to say I love your blog and that I too am a Zuzana junkie. My b/f makes fun of my "girl crush" all the time, lol. Definitely going to follow.

Cathy Kennedy said...

One day on, one day off. I know you know this, but sometimes it's good to hear from another, you need time off in-between workouts. Chillax! I bet you look great already!

Molly said...

I was bummed last Monday after my kids and hubs went back to school and I was alone. After today, I'm ready for them all to go back! Hang in there : )

Jeff - DangleTheCarrot said...

We are all allowed these days. You've been going pretty hard so you probably needed it. I sat in my recliner all day and watched TV. Did nothing and it was pretty awesome. Granted Mondays are my scheduled rest days but it still felt awesome. Back at it tomorrow!

Rose said...

The weather was beautiful here in sunny Southern California.

foodandfitnessfanatic7 said...

I was cranky today too :( But on the up side, it actually is starting to warm up in Florida! :)

JohnP said...

Hah - alot of CEC going on around blog world. I think you're the 3rd one this week! And they all complain about the bad pizza. heh.
I think the pizza was fine though, that sandwich looks suspect. I'd blame it on the bad sandwich

BrianFlash said...

Sometime an off day is required. You have to give the body time to rebuild, not just be broken down.

Pizza - yummmm!