Tuesday, January 18, 2011

155 Burpees ✔

+ 15 more to get a decent sequence pic

  and 200 one armed Kettlebell Swings, but those are cake compared to burpees!

  The full workout went like this (more info here): 10 sets of~ 10 Swings with Right Arm, 10 Swings with Left Arm, Burpees starting with 20 on the first set and decreasing 1 each time ending with 11 on the last set.
                   
      OUCH.

    I've actually attempted this work twice since it was posted on Friday, but quit both times in the first round.  My muscles were not rested enough for it.  The first time I tried to do it after 20 minutes of running stairs.   My thighs yelled at me.  Today was the perfect day for this coming after a day of rest (besides last nights push-ups, but I think push-ups can be done daily).

    The BodyRock site also has an awesome community of people from all over performing the workouts and then posting their times.  Reading so many peoples comments on completing the workout whether it took them 20 mins or over an hour gave me the inspiration and determination to get it done!



Total Time:  26:35

 Many of my burpees were far from pretty, but this workout was much more about mental toughness than perfect form.  In fact I had to step up from the push-up (as opposed to hopping up) quite a few times.  

 Still a sweaty success :D

27 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

155 burpees is pretty tough!

Rose said...

What a KICK ASS workout. I must be crazy, but this makes me want to try it, because it looks awesome and awful at the same time.

Katie said...

You should definitely try it!! It is awesome and awful at the same time!

One of the things which makes it completely awesome is that you start with the high set, so even though you want to quit, you know the worst is over. I think it be even more brutal if you started at 11 and worked your way up to 20.

Although I guess a point could be made that starting at 20 kills your legs right off the bat!

Kovas~ Ohhh IT WAS pretty tough :D

The Sean said...

Nice work!

Cynthia said...

Awesome job! I don't think I can bust out 155 but I that looks like an awesome workout I want to try!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Are you kiddng me with the BURPEES?!! Those are freaking hard!!!!

Nice work!

Julie said...

155!!! Holy Smokes!! Burpees are my nemesis!!

Melissa Cunningham said...

oh wow! 155 blurpies?????????
ok,im in!!!!!!!!!
this is something i can do at home while baby is napping!
will try this tonight!!!!!!!!

:)

coach dion said...

I don't think I could ever do anything like that I would rather be running, running is easy, and I only do easy...

Andrew Opala said...

Catch my terrible burpee movie tomorrow ... I only do 2x15 burpees with pushups, mountain climbers, jump squats after some runs in the week ... usually twice a week.

Do you want to organize a burpee contest? To see how many burpees you can do in a stated amount of time? 2 mins, 1 min?

Katie said...

I am totally up for a contest Opie! Would we video our burpies?

Looking forward to your burpee movie!!! :D

Detroit Runner said...

OMG. That looks like too much work! Haha!

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

Next time, instead of burpee pics, post a burpee video. Then we can get a full appreciation for how it's done.

Shannon said...

WOW! Great job! I'll have to try them once my shoulder stops hurting and see how many I can do. Probably not nearly as many!

JohnP said...

If I drink lots of pop I can top 150 burpees no problem.

Chris K said...

I came over here cuz I thought there was going to be a giveway with Manly prizes. Guess not.

Black Knight said...

155!!! A tough workout, it is a good help for your speed.

gmontalvo13 said...

wow! i still can't get myself to do those!

Alex said...

I tagged you w/a Stylish Blogger Award on blog!

the dawn said...

wowza! my heart rate just went up thinking about this...

Andrew Opala said...

For a burpee contest ... do we want to run it with most burpees done or most burpees over a certain period of time?

I think a video would be necessary.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Now that is impressive

Lindsay and James Cotter said...

Whoo hoo girl! I did that BODYROCK workout the other day. Love the sweat!
LC

Mamarunsbarefoot said...

Your AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

Amazing!! This looks like a totally tough workout - I'm inspired by you to try it!! :) Way to go!

decibelbelownormal said...

I'm giving you a massive cyber round of applause - I can barely make it to ten!

Katie said...

Clicked over from The Great Fitness Experiment and saw this workout. Decided to give it a go this morning and I loved it, tough but felt great when I was done. Only, I didn't read close enough to see that you stop after 11 burpees - I went all the way down to 1, so I actually did 210 and 400 one arm swings! Oops :) Now I feel pretty good about my time, especially for an 18 week preggo gal!