Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Funday

I brought the spirit today while watching the Eagles- Giants game, and it worked!  They came back from  24-7 to win it 38-31 in the final seconds :D  



Today I decided to stop being a wimp and run outside, I changed my shirt and sneaks and was ready to go:
I'm  all about the head tilt, hands on hips, turned feet today.
I need a new pose.

If you like my socks, stayed tuned for Friday, I am giving lots of them away!  I went to Target and Kohl's yesterday and they both had a large variety of awesome knee socks (I'm obsessed.)   I got a bunch for me and I got a bunch for you guys :D  My thoughts while I was picking them out, "one for me, one for you, one for me, one for you. . ."  I wanted to spread the wealth (of adorable socks) and I had a Kohl's 30% of coupon :) 

     My run outside was great, It didn't feel too cold at all (around 30°) and It was really nice to get some fresh air outside.  I am definitely going to try and run outside a few times a week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the first 5k of the Winter run series.

After my run Nolan and I did this:


Kid can't take a normal picture to save his life.

In order to make these:

Source: Bakerella

and these:

Source: Bakerella
    If you have never seen these before, they are cake pops from Bakerella (seriously go see the newest post on this site right NOW, it is a Cupcake Christmas wonderland!) and they are amazing.  The process involves making a cake, crumbling the cake, mixing it with icing, rolling it into balls (or other shapes) and then decorating them.

  I made some Pumpkin ones for Nolan's October birthday:


Tomorrow we will do all the crumbling and rolling and decorating, this round is for practice and experimenting, hopefully some of them come out good enough to give to Nolan's teachers.  I'm going to make another batch or two for Christmas :D  Oooo maybe I will give some of these away too!

What did you do on this Super Sunday? :)

16 comments:

Detroit Runner said...

I've had cake pops before and they are great and kids love them!(and adults too :)

Carrie said...

Your Sunday sounds awesome!! Those pops look delicious :) And way to brave the outdoors, in awesome socks no less! I love fun socks too, but here it's so cold I would have to be a maniac to go in shorts. My fun socks only get a few months of race fun.
I hope you got sweaty in them ;)

Mamarunsbarefoot said...

Those pops look amazing!!! I ran today after chuch, lazy Sunday!!

Diet Chic ~ Jury said...

Your outfits.. super cute as always!! thanks to you, I´m paying more attention to knee high socks now.
Nolan is soo freaking adorable and those treats look yummy.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Nolan rocks! What a lil stud! I LOVE LOVE your socks! Aren't socks fun?! i'm only now getting into knee highs!

And, the cake balls?! Send some my way, wait, don't! They won't last long!

Mae Flowers said...

Ohhh yummm those look good! Nolan is adorable! I'm loving your socks!

JohnP said...

It all looks Yummy! ;)

Those pops must take a long time to make with all those details! Thats crazy!

Nelly said...

I happened upon your blog recently, and just wanted to say that Eagles game yesterday was incredible. What a finish - Desean Jackson is just amazing to watch - he has to be the fastest guy in the NFL haha

Lindsay and James Cotter said...

you totally are rockin those socks. I love both outfits. Glad you got some Vit. D yesterday too. :)
LC

admin said...

This blog has been linked by Quake Fitness!
A link to this blog has been published on www.quakefitness.com - Connecting Fitness Blogs

Shannon said...

Yay for the eagles!!! Glad to hear you are an Eagle's fan too!

TRI714 said...

good for you for running out doors, and rockin those socks. Son is super cute.

Jeff - DangleTheCarrot said...

couldn't read after seeing that iggles jersey..hehe

Your son is a cutie!

Keelie Sheridan said...

Nolan is TOO cute! And I LOVE cakepops! :)

Just_because_today said...

Jesus, I've never slacked so much as I have since the marathons! OK, I'll go out tomorrow with or without socks

Black Knight said...

and does Nolan help you to prepare all those pops? What a wonderful boy.
Happy Christmas to you and family from Italy.