Friday, December 17, 2010

Question?!?

    At 2 pm today my page views jumped from 200 to 600,  I tripled my page views in 2 hours, which is crazy because I've only been getting 3-400  a day (which I was quite happy with as it was a big jump from last week/month).     At this rate I will be close to 1,000 at the end of the day.


     I'm just curious as to where it's coming from, my traffic sources are mostly various google readers (much more than I've ever had in the past and my followers have not grown too much), also various mailbox addresses.  I'm wondering if I have been featured on some feed.  It is also interesting, to me at least, that the most clicked on post with this high traffic is my bikini pics and I really would like to know where the people viewing those are coming from.  

New readers:  How did you find my blog?


Thank you very much for any input :)


ETA:  Problem solved!  It was the SkinnyRunner jean post that I mentioned and took pictures for yesterday.  It wasn't up on her blog yet and only showing up on google feed, so I didn't realize that was were it was coming from.  I just wanted to confirm that it wasn't a bunch of creepers.   Thanks SkinnyRunner, you're such a rockstar :D


ETA #2 :  Post is up! Thank you again SkinnyRunner :D  and happy birthday!!!  I had fun taking fashion pics, I might have to make that a regular thing :)

12 comments:

Keri said...

Depending on the what you use to track your stats, you can tell where your traffic is coming from. For example, I use statcounter and there are all kinds of ways to analyze your traffic.

Katie said...

I'm just using the blogger stats and it appears they are coming from some kind of google reader feed, I would just like to know which one! lol

JohnP said...

Someone probably featured your pics in the Internet-Stalker-Perv forum and linked to your blog...

Hey, look on the bright side - you're famous now ;)

lol.

Katie said...

Yes well that is what I would like to know so that I can promptly remove them! hahah

Cynthia said...

I'm a new follower and I read a post on google reader that SkinnyRunner made and featured your fav jean pics. I just went onto SkinnyRunner's blog page but it's not on her site, you can only see it on google reader now I guess. Anyway I read thru some of your posts and liked so I am now a new follower :)

Katie said...

Ohhh thanks!! I did know that she was going to post that, but I didn't think it was up yet. In that case, SkinnyRunners readers aren't creepy and I don't have to worry!

Tom said...

I have been impressed with how popular your blog has gotten in such a short amount of time. You seem to be getting good traffic and have a bunch of followers, so whatever you have been doing, it is working.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I had the same problem when I used to post my Speedo shots....

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

HA I have done that too and I get creeped out until I find out why? Love skinnyrunner! I am so excited you are getting a bike for Christmas. WAHOO!

coach dion said...

I've been starking you, I log on every 5 min to see if you have written anything new...

Deanna said...

You're famous!! I love finding new blogs through other blogs I read like SR :)

Katherine said...

I came over from SR too! Love the blog. I am also trying to get in the best shape of my life for this summer, so I am going to follow you and hopefully get some inspiration from your blog. Although I think you are already in pretty great shape!