Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quick and Dirty Recap

It was cold, I still wore my shorts and socks, but I threw on a long sleeve as well.


First mile: right around 7 flat (6:58?)
Second mile: same pace about 14 flat
Final time: 21:52/ 7:02 pace


I did have a goal of 21:30, but I took 34 seconds off from my last race time of 22:26 :D  I can't be disappointed in that. . . I'm so close though, next race sub 7 min miles!

I placed 4th in my age group, which I think Matt was happy about 'cause it was cold and he wanted to go home.  I don't know my overall results yet, but it was a bigger race than my past two, with 1,000 people running.   More to come. . .    

For now bring on the wine! :D

11 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!
i knew you would be under 22!!!!

my goal was 22-i cant complain too much!after my middle baby gets feeling better it is GAME ON for the next 5k....
got your comment on my post btw! i was 3 months along before i found out about my first baby,and yup,same thing..."why am i not getting faster?" LOL!!!
anyways,glad you did well at your race-4th in AG with over 1000ppl?
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
looking forward to the recap!!!

Ron said...

Hey 5K PR buddies!! Nice work.

Chelle said...

Awesome time babe!! You'll be cracking 21mins before you know it!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Congrats on the race

Happy Thanksgiving, Gobble Wobble!!!

Julie said...

You are a speedy one Lady! I would love to get my time under 23 minutes:)

Keep up the awesome work and you will end up with that goal time soon!

Heidi said...

Awesome, congrats on a great race. 5Ks are a great distance, especially to work on speed. Unfortunately there aren't many of them around here, they're almost as expensive as longer distances, and rarely do they do AG awards for 5Ks - so I don't usually bother entering them. You had a great time.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Damn! You can flat out fly!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRI714 said...

That's running ! great pace lady !!

Jeff - DangleTheCarrot said...

Congrats speedy!

Mark said...

congrats—super fast. Keep up the good training!

Katie said...

Thank you all for the support!!! You are all super awesome and keep me motivated with your training and racing :D Here's to getting faster!