Friday, October 22, 2010

It's My One Month Blogiversary :D

    Thank you to everyone who has stopped by, followed, commented and encouraged me through this first month!  I didn't know if I could keep my little bloggy going this long since in the beginning it would take me like two hours to write one post.  I'm a very inexperienced writer and have A LOT of trouble organizing my thoughts into coherent posts :s  I have found though, that over this past month I have developed "blogger brain," where my mind is constantly going with thoughts on what to write.  If only someone could invent something to transform the ideas in my head into a post instantly.  Sometimes I'll be thinking, "ooo I want to say this and that and blahh blahh blahh," then I go to write a post and I go ummmm . . .   Anyway my recent blog thoughts have helped write new posts quicker and come up with some ideas that I am excited to share with my new readers :D

    My first brilliant idea: In honor of my one month, I am giving away a 10$ iTunes gift card that I will have up as a post tomorrow :) In my first month I've earned $10 and I want to give it back to my amazing readers and followers thus far.  I thought hard about what was the most super awesome thing I could give away and this is most definitely it!  Honestly if you asked me if I wanted 10$ or an iTunes card, I'd pick the card.  I would probably spend $10 on groceries (boring), bills (boring), or wine (which I absolutely don't need), but an iTunes card will help power me through my workouts and  it's fun :D  I wish I could give each of my readers an iTunes card, unfortunately I don't have that kind of money :P.  If you wish to enter, come back tomorrow (or in the next few days) and the giveaway post will be up with instructions. This is 100% coming from me, their are no sponsors involved.  I  want to show my appreciation because having people read, follow and comment has helped keep me motivated and accountable.

     Anywayyy back to what this blog is really about. . . getting fit!  My workout today was running stairs.  I am super proud to say that I ran stairs for 30 minutes today!!  My excitement is due to the fact that for the past few months I've only be doing around 20 mins, some days a little more some a little less.  I put my all into it the entire time so by 20 minutes I'm usually dead, especially my legs, but today I powered through my pain :D  You have to keep pushing yourself in order to improve, right?  Here I am exhausted after running today:

Totally collapsed on the couch as soon as I got home, exhausted but with a sense of accomplishment :) (and yes I'm like Adam Lambert with eyeliner, I wear it EVERYWHERE, it's an obsession)

    Another thought I had:  Since my blog is brand new and I've trying to get myself out there, I've been joining some blog hops.  They are mostly geared towards mommy blogs and well I'm a mommy so I figure I can join in.  I'd like to know how the fitness/ weight loss bloggers feel about a Fitness Friday Healthy Hop?  I have no idea if there are other hops like this out there, I'm sure there are, but I haven't seen any.  I would like to get some feedback on whether my fellow health bloggers are interested in participating.  So please if you have any thoughts on this either leave me a comment or email me about it :)  I think it's a fun way to get more readers/ followers that are interested in getting fit!

           Thank You again to everyone who has stopped by and kept me going!!

ETA:  I realize this post is ALL over the place but all these thoughts were taking over my mind, I had to get them out :P

8 comments:

KBraden said...

I am your newest follower! I hope you would return the favor http://adventuresofthedomesticatedmama.blogspot.com

I wish I had your body. I am so discouraged with working out that it's pathetic. I can't seem to lose any weight or anything.

Danny said...

congrats on making your first month! Keep up the good work, it will soon be summer!

Raymond said...

Congratulations first month down next few will be hard too but you get to refine your style and get quicker at it!
Amazing you already earned some money it took me nearly 2 months before any income started.
Raymond

screwdestiny said...

Congrats on one month of great blogging! :D I'm glad I found your blog because we seem similar in a lot of ways and you're helping to inspire me to get as fit as possible. When I first started blogging I was the same way in that it would take me forever to put a post together--especially if it included pictures! Now it's a bit better...

Thirty minutes of stair laps is freaking great! I heard that Jessica Simpson did tons of stair laps in preparation for "Dukes"... Oh, and I would be totally interested in doing a health blogger hop! I am always looking for new blogs to follow and would love to get the word out about mine to more people as well.

Teresa Choplin said...

I love your blog. Thanks for sharing with me, glad to be here.
I'm here from the Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower, please follow me back. We have a Swimmin by Sunday Blog hop going please link up if you'd like.
http://www.nontypicalmom.com/

allison tait said...

Congrats on your blogoversary! I totally understand blogger brain - I suffer from it constantly. Good luck with the next month - and the one after that, and the one after that. :-)

Emy said...

Hi there!
I found you through Swimming By Sunday Blog Hop! I just started on my goal to get fit as well for the summer of 2011. Just this week I signed up at Gold's Gym.

I'm now following. Make sure to visit my blog and check out my giveaways.

http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Thank You all!

Kbraden~ Don't get discouraged, just keep pushing yourself. Maybe increase the intensity even if it means decreasing the amount of time you exercise.

Danny~ Not soon enough, but I guess thats a good thing cause I have more time to get ready!