Thursday, October 14, 2010

End of Week #3 Stats~

I think I could have done a bit better this week, but the past two days I did very well with eating/exercise.  I'm down half a pound, I would have liked a full pound, I am very excited to be below 124 though.  That's kinda my comfort zone, over 124 and I start to feel less confident in my body and my clothes get tight.  Also 1/2 inch of my waist :D and 1/4 in from my upper thighs, all in all not bad.  


Overall i've lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks, not earth shattering but I am only 5-7 lbs away from goal now. Once I get there I am going to concentrate on getting a bit more cut.  Actually I may try to lose more body fat at goal weight first so I might go below 116 at first but then put a little back on as lean muscle.
  

Week 3:
                       
                       Height   ~ 5'4"
                     Starting  ~ 125.5
                 Last Week   ~ 124
                      Current  ~ 123.5     
                         Goal   ~ 116-118
                      
                         First Week     Last Week     This Week
              Waist ~      27 in           26.5 in          26 in
                Hips ~      36 in             36 in           36 in 
              Thigh ~  20.75 in        20.75 in         20.5 in 


This Sunday is my 5k race, I'm nervous because I want to run a good time but I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself.  I haven't run a race in over a year and the one I am running is very hilly so I'm trying to get into the mindset of enjoying the race and giving my best effort without the emphasize of a goal time.  Honestly I have no idea of what I am capable of running right now so setting a goal time is kinda pointless.  I will see what I can run now and use it as a baseline to improve upon throughout the year.  



Ran for 35 mins. today, but I was super sore/tired from yesterday's hour run and resistance training.


Motivational Song Quote of the Day:  "Keep your head up, the colors are beautiful. When they say give up, turn up your radio"  ~ Head Up by Sugarcult

Song below:



5 comments:

Carrie and Mike Groff said...

Stopping by to follow your blog today. Good luck on your fitness goals! Looks like you are already bikini ready! I look forward to reading more on your blog! Keep up the great work!

Carrie A Groff
Living a Healthy Beach Life

Katie said...

Thank You for following and for your kind words! I don't think I look too bad, but when your job uniform is a bathing suit you want to look the best you can! If only for my self-esteem, having "fat days" wearing a two piece (or even one piece) are not pleasant :/.

Paula Rodriguez said...

Hello Katie,

Congratulations on the loss. I've seen what a 1/2 pound looks like (at a ww meeting) and you sure don't want it back.

Great job with the running and the resistance training. I am looking to increase my exercise and want to use weights.

I agreer with Carrie--looks like you're more than ready to wear that bikini.

Looking forward to reading more.

paula

Admin said...

Congratulations on the weight loss and good luck with the race tomorrow. Is a half marathon next?

Darren@MorePrimeTime.com

Katie said...

Thanks Paula and Darren!

Darren~ hmmm I don't think there are any half marathons in my near future. I'm all about training to getting faster right now. I'd rather train to run a super fast mile than a steady paced half. I'm aiming to run a sub- 20 5k this year :D